My review of The Uncanny X-Men and the New Teen Titans (1981) From: Marvel and DC

 




This crossover was something special, I enjoyed what transpired and what was made. However there is much to talk about so let's get into it. The comic book is too damn long. If any child has to read 65 pages they would go crazy, even if it is a comic. In my opinion this should have been separated into three to four different books.

I'm a whole adult and having to read 65 pages in one sitting was difficult (and sure I read more when I read a TPB, Hard cover, Compendium or Omnibus). But this amount had me yawning and dozing off.

Some of the words are just to damned elaborate. What child is going to understand words or phrases like, Look About you, vectorin, changeling, outré. and many more. Don't get me wrong if I didn't know these words I could Google But kids back in 1982 Would have no idea what these words mean.

I genuinely don't understand why they did not meet until the third part of comic. Don't get me wrong Setting up exposition is important but not when it takes up the most of the story.

As I said this comic should have been split into four books. It's a very well done book but at the same time it's very drawn out. You could cut like 20 pages from the middle and not miss anything. They also shoehorn Deathstroke in here, why I don't know. As if it wasn't crowded enough.

With all that being said The comic itself It's not bad, just really drawn out and overstuffed.

All in all I give this a 6 out of 10 dark phoenix's

Comments