My review of Terminator vs Transformers (2020) From: IDW Publishing and Dark Horse Comics
The story was created by David Mariotte, John Barber & Tom Waltz. The same Tom Waltz who worked on the GREAEST TMNT story: The Last Ronin.
This was well done (IMO), now it wasn't groundbreaking. But it was handled a LOT better than The New Avengers/Transformers TPB 2006. People ask me why I don't read Transformers comic books. Well, it's because it's too hard to track the transformers when they move and change. But the artist Alex Milne knew what he was doing. This go round it was a lot easier to follow them when they would change. Alex really knew what he was doing. I enjoy all the little details within the backgrounds. I also loved the main cover art; which was made by Gavin Fullerton. Can I just say hats off to you man, I love book one’s cover art the most.
I greatly appreciated this story because it blended both 80s franchises really well. This was like a different dimension or an alternate reality. I wish there were some way I could tie this story to the RoboCop versus Terminator story. Because they both have similar concepts within them. (spoiler) In the Terminator versus RoboCop story, they used Alex Murphy's brain to make Skynet. But these stories are great on their own.
The opening is SO dark, (Spoilers) we open in the (not so far) future of 2029 and we see the Decepticons and Terminators locked in a brutal battle. We can assume that they have been at war since 1985. That's the year the terminator was sent back and it’s also the same year the transformers landed on earth. I deeply enjoyed a terminator story where Sarah Conner was not the focal point. I hope the MOTU 2026 series does the same but to Skeletor.
All in all I give this a 9 out of 10.
.jpg)

Comments
Post a Comment