My review of Rat City (2024) Issues 1-5 From: Image Comics!





Okay after reading issues 1-5 I think I can confidently give this review. And oh boy there is much to discuss so let’s get into it.

While the ball is rolling it's only rolling an inch or two per mile, not very fast. And while I did retract my earlier statement on how slow it was moving. I think I was right the first time.

I wanted to actually like this, and I do but just not as much as I should. I don't know if Todd is interfering with other people's spawn work or not. But every time I read something spawn related that's new. It seems to wither and dry up before it has any traction or speed yet.

Like I stated with the scorched series, cool concept horrible execution. I heard from someone online that Todd was backseat driving the scorched series. I don't know if it's true so don't come at me (lol).

During these five reviews there is one character that I had not talked about. Not but because I didn't like them. It's because I didn't know how to describe them. I have it now (I think).

Their name is Quinlan Wali. And Quinlan Wali is a non-binary character.
For my older generation Quinlan was born male at birth. They are the love interest of a character named Owain Rhys.

And Quinlan Wali is helping the Spawn of Rat City Peter. I loved this issue because it explained it wasn't just Al Simmons spawn who caused Peter to become spawn-ified.

I hope this series picks up speed and gets better with each passing day. I really wanted to like this, but where it stands it's so slow right now. And if it goes any slower Drax might think it's invisible.

All in all I give this series (as a whole) a 4 out of 10 Aye-yi-yi-yi-yi's

Comments