My review of Zorro's Legacy Issue #1 (2026) From: Alien Books!





I think this new Zorro series is promising. The art is cinematic and refined and the story while choppy has a lot going for it but as always there's much to discuss so let's get into it.
I am genuinely blown away on how they kept the legacy of Zorro alive. This might not be a direct continuation of the Don de la Vega Zorro from Dynamite Comics. But in my head canon It is. I definitely enjoyed the art created by Aaron Lopresti; he really managed to capture the surrealness of the Swashbuckling aspect.

The story is about a modern Zorro first being Donny de la Vega but after he’s injured as Zorro and then hospitalized. Donnie's nephew David de la Vega becomes the newest Zorro. I think this series has genuine potential.

The writing was good, but there were a bunch of typos and misplacement of words. I think Dan Abnett knows how to write, but somehow he missed those typos. I look forward to seeing more of this and more of the dynamic between David and Donnie.

I look forward to seeing the other issues

All in all I give this a 9 out of 10 Z's

Comments

Popular Posts