My review of Superior Iron Man By: Marvel Comics!


What can I say about this mini-series, (um) to be honest I don’t think highly of it. There were a lot of great moments, But the story itself was lacking.  But as always there is MUCH to discuss so let’s get into it.

This is a continuation of what happened to Iron Man in Avengers & X-Men: AXIS and that was written by Rick Remende. I think I read Avengers & X-Men: AXIS in high school so my memory is hazy. But that stories plot simply put is (spoiler alert) Red Skull takes the powers from a dead Charles Xavier and mentally makes the heroes villains.

This was written by Tom Taylor; and this miniseries is a one trick pony. I would like to say I enjoyed this book and I would recommend it; but I can’t. With this Superior Iron Man miniseries, we were supposed to see how horrible Iron Man has become. Seeing as he was the only one who managed to stay evil after the AXIS event. But all Tony did was poison the water supply like a 1950’s comic book villain. Based on that plot you can see why the story is a little weak. What's crazy is the writing is on point, but the motivation and story is weak. I think because this was a miniseries, we never got to see evil Tony's full capabilities. It’s a one trick pony. The reason people like Superior Spider-Man is because he had like an entire series to explore his evil nature. And yes, I'm aware that Superior Spider-Man was released long before Superior Iron Man.

Let's get into my favorite part the art. This book was beautifully drawn by Yıldıray Çınar. Yıldıray took his time drawing this it was very Phantasmagorical and I loved it; he knew how to draw the fights and characters well. He drew fights really beautifully, it was almost like the character were dancing, not literally. The movement was so smooth; my eyes perceived it in a fluid motion. He also drew very surreal especially when it came time to show the populace in a distraught state. There's one moment that stuck with me, this woman went from drop dead gorgeous to well let's just say she reverted back; Yıldıray drew the lady in a grotesque, surreal way. 

I read another Tom Taylor book last year. It was called Justice League Power Rangers and the writing in that was anything but simple. Sure. The plot of it was simple but it was handled in a way that had me hoping the story had a happy ending. It wasn’t quite a masterpiece but it’s definitely worth checking out. That story is one of deception, trickery, partnerships and heartache.

 

All in all I give this a 5 out of 10 "Shame on you Bruce's" 










Comments