My review of Transformers/Ghostbusters (2019) From: IDW Publishing





I liked this comic it was ALMOST—almost as good as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters. I didn’t mind the simple story; it was nothing too complicated or crazy. But as always there is much to discuss so let’s get into IT!
The art was done by Dan Schoening and it’s the same style he draws all the Ghostbusters comics. I think his style is definitely a recognizable style, just not a great style. He draws sharp, angular and round all at the same time. Again, it's bad, it's just not making me say wow. It's like the life savers of art, not a first choice.

This was written by Erik Burnham and like I mentioned before the story is as simple as it gets. It’s almost like an episode of The Real Ghostbusters cartoon, A+B=C. It was almost like Erik was playing it safe or treading lightly. The story is also very Gozer coated and while yes, she was only featured in this. Events kick off because of her showing up on cybertron. So while not being the main goal, she did have her part to play.

I just feel like TMNT/Ghostbusters was managed a lot better. There's a lot more action, better pacing and it has a MUCH better story.

I know Erik had nothing to do with Terminator vs Transformers, but even that story was managed a lot better than this one.

I do like the concept though, and the tone was nice. I also enjoyed the added characteristics to Optimus Prime, he was kind of quippy here and I loved it.

This is a standard mini-series, nothing special but still worth checking out (IMO).

All in all I give this a 4 out of 10 proton streams.

Comments