My review of Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America (2007) From: Marvel Comics!
OH MY GAWD!!! This is a must read, I mean (as Rick Flair says: WHOO) but as always there is much to discuss so let’s get into it.
The first you'll pick up on is that the overarching story was done by Jeph Loeb. I think this is his magnum opus. The man had a plan and executed it with precision. The book is called fallen son because it introduces the idea of the five stages of grief through Steve Rogers friends.
Issue 1 is about Wolverine, Issue 2 is about the Avengers, Issue 3 is about Captain America, Issue 4 is about Spider-Man, and Issue 5 is about Iron Man.
Wolverine is denial, anger is the Avengers, bargaining is Hawkeye, depression is Spider-Man and Iron man is acceptance....sort of.
Jeph Loeb didn't work with one singular artist (oh no), he worked with a myriad of different artists. Five artists for five amazingly different drawn issues. All their styles were shown in this amazing HC.
Issue 1 was drawn by Leinil Francis Yu
Issue 2 was drawn by Ed McGuinness
Issue 3 was drawn by John Romita Jr.
Issue 4 was drawn by David Finch
Issue 5 was drawn by John Cassaday.
All of those amazing artists Contributed in making one of the best hardcover or trade paperback runs of all time.
For the first time ever I don't think I have a negative. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and thoroughly recommended to anybody who wants a great story.
All in all I give this a 10 out of 10 Captain America Shields.


Comments
Post a Comment