My review of The Death of Superman (1992) From: DC Comics!

 





Yikes! This was a mess to say the least, I had always heard great things about this. What a let down.
But as always there is MUCH to discuss so let’s get into IT!

I thought doomsday landed on earth seeing as he's a prehistoric Kryptonian but nope he just busted through the Earth's core and started destroying everything in his path. Then the comic book weirdly focuses on a family while I understand they are a representation of us the audience, it’s not needed.

The fight drones on and on and on. I assume to show us the strength of doomsday. Which I wouldn't mind if they didn't rush superman's death. His death isn’t even show to us in a straight up manner it's shown to us through the camera lens of jimmy.

Superman didn't have to "die" not with so many other hero's out there like the flash, batman, wonder woman, Martian man hunter. The DC universe is massive even if certain hero's weren't on the JLA they could've helped. They are hero's nonetheless. In marvel when a threat too big for one super team, other teams will emerge and come to their aid.

Superman did not have to die, he was killed for a cash grab reason only.
DC was losing money And they needed a way to grab people's attention (and there wallets). Hence this garbage.

I really thought this was gonna be a big hit. Seeing how this is one of the big three comic books of the 90's. Alas it's not, its just a dumpster fire put out by the piss of a drunk syphilitic flea ridden hobo.

All in all I give this a 1 out of 10 house El's

Comments