My review of The Death of Captain America (2007) By: Marvel Comics!

 

This was really great follow up to civil war (I haven't read civil war yet NGL) but as always there is much to discuss so let’s get into it.

I REALLY enjoyed the art in this, I mean it was realistic and grounded. But it also has a fanatical element. The art is done by Steve Epting. The story is done by Ed Brubaker. They are an amazing team.

The first thing I noticed is that there are very little sound effects, like (Bam, Kapow, Pzz) I guess the age of using those are over. But TBH this comic didn't need it. It achieved its purpose, which was delivering a cinematic story.

I loved the build up to Cap getting shot, I love the false pov of Sharon, and the reveal OMG. I love how sam and buck were moving in this. One moving to protect the legacy itself. And the other one protecting the legacy BY protecting the shield and what it stood for.

I felt like this is a great pick-up from the "giving up panel" of the civil war book. This book had me on the edge of my seat, biting my nails like a nervous school child.

I will be buying the omnibuses for this run of captain america after reading it online.

All in all I give this a 10 out of 10 lil caps.

Comments