My review of Daredevil / Punisher The Devil's Trigger (2025) By: Marvel Comics!
Upon reading issue one you’ll think, oh they just made the season 2 ep: New York’s Finest into a comic. But in actuality. It only takes the message behind the episode. It doesn't take the execution. It does borrow aspects, of course. But overall, Jimmy Palmiotti did his own thing, I was really taken aback. This really was a great story.
The inside art was done by Gabriel Guzman and Tommaso Bianchi for issues 1-4 together. They made a heck of a team. But issue five Gabriel Guzman didn’t return instead Mario Santoro took his place. The way they divided this up was so old school (and I loved it). The switch was seamless I really mean it; I couldn’t tell the difference. The cover art was done by two different people. Issue one's cover was drawn by Kendrick Lim. The other four issues covers was drawn by Skan.
Now I did have one little grievance they feature the Twin Towers. And I found that utterly distasteful, I am not offended easily but that just felt wrong. The story is supposed to be a prequel, taking place during the Marvel Knights era. So, it made sense but still…. I don’t like that aspect.
This story was about Daredevil trying stop the Punisher while wondering if the punisher’s way of doing things is right (IMO). The best way I can sum this up is: choices define you, as does your actions.
All in all I give this series a 9 out of 10 Punisher's skulls.


Comments
Post a Comment