My review of Daredevil Born Again arc (1986) From: Marvel Comics!



I'm sure at some point when this was fresh on the shelf it was considered the best thing since slice bread, but upon reading it does not hold up. But as always there is much to discuss so let’s get into it.


Upon reading this, it felt like this would never end. I bought this December of last year, I've been reading this off and on for 6 months. And it feels like it took several years to read.

I understand that Frank Miller was trying to take away literally everything from Matt. But he spent so much time on exposition and storytelling that by the time Matt put his uniform on again I felt nothing. He was broken and left to die. Then blown up, fixed and then blown up again, it was unnecessary.

I do not understand why this story is liked. I don't like this entire run (except the origin book). This run is supposed to be the gold standard within comics but I literally do not understand why. I'd need an older person to tell me why this is considered gold. Even the art was trash, I don't get it truly.

All in all I give this a -0 out of 10 Glass stained church windows

Comments