My review of Daredevil (2026) Issues 1-5 From: Marvel Comics!
THIS IS A MUST READ. I WILL be recommending this series to anyone looking for an amazing Daredevil series but as always there is MUCH to discuss so let’s get into it.
Stephanie Philips really picked the best team to work with; I love her writing. I love her phrasing and her philosophical level of writing. Every question or word has a kennel of that philosophical writing. I am also enjoying this horror element so far.
I like Lee Garbett art style. But if I had to compare it--it’s somewhere between Dylan Burnett’s cosmic ghost rider art and anime AND I LOVE IT (not anime, no offense). I love the way Garbett illiterate’s details. The shades and shadows that he uses are so amazing.
Ariana Maher does a wonderful job of lettering the text. Also, by using gray fading text bubbles as visual for us the audience lets us know what Daredevil is going through. I love that visual detail. I also was not expecting her to bring back sound effects in this series (or at least it’s used the most in issue 3). The way Ms. Maher uses them to as visual amplification of footsteps for omen in issue three. I love how Daredevil uses the advice his friend gave to him.
I love this new villain (omen) I hope it’s someone brand new, or a new persona for an old crummy villain. I like how Matt is on edge because omen is like venom. In the sense that Matt cannot hear omen breathe, and omen is much faster than Matt. Again, reminding me of venom. I love that omen is making Matthew on edge. I also like that this omen character overwhelmed Matthew to the point of needing saving. Matt is hearing everything all at once.
I also love that omens weapon of choice is a Riddler-esque question mark cane.
I WILL be keeping up with this series. Stephanie Philips, Lee Garbett and Ariana Maher make one heck of a team.
All in all I give this series a 10 out of 10 so far!


Comments
Post a Comment