My review of Badrock/Wolverine #1 (1996) From: Image comic & Marvel comics!
This was the first time I EVER read a comic with sauron as the villain and I gotta say: I am not impressed, at least not as much as I could be. First introductions to Sauron was in an episode of Hulk and the agents of S.M.A.S.H. and on that show he was again not bad just not a great villain.
I did like the art which was drawn by Chap Yaep, his art was a very common style to draw in the 90's. It was written by Jim Valentine and the story takes a while to warm up to. It's very slow in the beginning, but once that ball gets rolling it keeps up momentum. And like a pendulum it doesn't stop until it needs to.
This comic is a great gate way comic (which I've coined as meaning: a gateway into a larger comic continuity and world) such examples are Invincible/Spider-Man and Batman/Spawn.
I would love to see more of sauron but as it stands he's like a Saturday morning cartoon villain and not even the good kind he is like the starscream or beastman. He's no skeletor, Cobra commander or Megatron; but not to say he's down and out so easily.
I love how this is also in continuity to Wolverine losing his adamantium skeleton thanks to magneto. I love it when comic book companies keep crossovers cannon.
I also love the savagery of this Wolverine some of my favorite Wolverine stuff is when he goes Savage all Hunter and tracker like.
All in all I give this a 7 out of 10 bubs


Comments
Post a Comment