My review of Avengers/Invaders By: Marvel Comics!

 


I know I've said this before (especially) the last two reviews, but this time I mean it one hundred percent. This was an absolute masterpiece. This needs to be studied, dissected, dehydrated, reanimated, and taught for years to come. I don't even know where to begin; the amazing art, or the polarizing questions. But as always there is SOO MUCH to discuss let’s get into it.

To start off the art was done by Stephen Sadowski and was based on sketches created by the G.O.A.T. Alex Ross. Even Stephen stated, “how can I live up to Alex’s amazing art”. But Steven did his own thing and I was in awe of his art in this twelve-issue mini-series. The details Stephen was able to display on Toro and Torch was amazing; I was amazed at his ability to illustrate elemental details. Like when he drew Toro and Torch engulfed by fire or when he captured the different changes within the water when Namor was under water. I loved the way Stephen captured the deep and complex emotions on people's faces. I genuinely enjoyed the art in this and if you’re like me and enjoy the art of Alex Ross then you’ll enjoy this.

This was written by Jim Krueger, but he too had help from Alex Ross with plotting. Jim wrote a groundbreaking tribute to Captain America making sure to balance both teams with expert skill. Not one hero felt fake, cheapened, or less than they should be represented. The invaders felt like they were directly pulled from the decade of war, pain, heartache and death. I did not expect to see Black Panther in this story. However, if you know your Marvel lore then you know Black Panther: King T'Chaka was a part of World War II (also so was Dracula; but he wasn't in this story). The some of the things I didn't like about this story number one: There are countless hero V hero fights for no reason other than to see them fight each other (you guys know I hate those fights). Number two: There is an unnecessary arc with Jim Hammond, the original Human Torch. Number three: Because of the unnecessary Human Torch side quest it takes longer to get the invaders back home.

As I said in my previous review of DC K.O. you should definitely get the individual issues for this also the hardcover version. The reason I am saying the hardcover and not the TPB is because there's extra material in the hardcover. In the hardcover you get to see artist sketches, notes and more from Alex Ross, Jim Krueger, and Stephen Sadowski.

The moral of this comic book (imo) is don't change your past even if you have the chance. Because changing your past alters your future in unexpected ways.

 

All in all I give this a 10 out of 10 Silver plated strike discs.

Comments

Popular Posts