My review of Batman '89 (2021) From: DC Comics!

 



This comic was so good. This is the lost third squeal in the Burton Batman films. I loved the art and I loved story but as always there is much to discuss so let’s get into it.

The beginning was kind of slow. The first two and a half issues were slowest. But they were building up to the two-face reveal, and man when it delivered it freaking delivered.

The ball gets rolling around the middle and then it revs much. It reminds me of the dark Knight by Christopher Nolan. This is about chaos through choices. And that is what makes this book phenomenal (IMO).

The interior and cover art was by Joe Quinones. His art beautifully depicted the trials and tribulations that each character had to endure because of the choices they made. For instance, Harvey made a choice that defined him becoming Two-Face. And it wouldn’t hit as hard if Joe Quinones didn’t illustrate it.

The story was by Sam Hamm and (IN THIS STORY) he knew what he was doing. I love his writing and I loved the dialogue. When he would have characters speak. Having them ask ethical and moral questions.

We all know that Billy Dee Williams was supposed to play Two-Face unfortunately it never happened in the movies. But in this we get to see a glimpse of what he would’ve been like in the movies.

All in all I give this a 9 out of 10 Black Robins

Comments