My review of One World Under Doom (2025) From: Marvel Comics!
What can I say but…. Hot Damn! This was a wild and I mean WILD ride! I was not expecting this level of greatness when this comic was recommended to me (by my friend). But as always there is MUCH to discuss so let’s get into IT!
This was one of the best comic stories I’ve read in a LONG time. You guys know I am pretty vocal that my top two all-time favorite comics are JLA /Avengers and Avengers Twilight. But after reading this one-one of those might have to be moved to third place.
Ryan North wrote this, and Ryan knew the story he wanted to tell. The plot is after the events of Blood Hunt story (by: Jed MacKay) Doctor Victor Von Doom now Sorcerer Supreme, he takes over the world and tires to “make it better”. I wasn’t prepared for the direction this took. First of all, the pacing was phenomenal, I thought it was going to be a slow burn. But after issue two, maybe three it speeds up and it only slows down for crucial dialogue moments. Ryan really understood how to write each character, and each character had a different take and opinion on Emperor Doom. I was even going maybe Doom did change at one point, that’s how good the writing is. Ryan wrote these characters in such a way, they felt real. Even Thor himself was wondering if Doom had changed.
R. B. Silva masterfully did the art in this book. I loved the way he drew each character; it was like R. B. took his time focusing on each detail. R.B. made each character his own in a unique way. I cannot compare R. B. style to anyone else’s; his style is utterly unique to him. At first, I was going to compare R. B’s art to Daniel Acuña but the deeper I got into the story, the more it became clear that R. B’s art wasn’t comparable to anyone else’s. Also, each action scene was drawn so incredible, there was spectacle and astonishment within every fight.
A special dedication to the color artist David Curiel and the letter Travis Lanham. This book could not have been created if they weren’t there. David chose to use Brilliant colors in this, making the book stand out and (IMO) it was colored well.
All in all I give this a 10 out of 10


Comments
Post a Comment