My review of Spider-Man ‘94 The Return (2026) From: Marvel comics!
Spider-Man ‘94 the return, this comic was a complicated/lovely mess. I'll explain what that means later.
First thing you will notice is this might have the name of
the beloved Spider-Man the animated TV show, it does not look a thing like it?
The characters designs in this do not match the ones from the tv show, not in
the slightest (except for Kraven). The art done by Jim Towe and Jim does not
draw likeness very well. I'm willing to bet his other works look good. But when
he has to copy and mimic another style of art, he can’t. The art in this looks
like it's 12 molecules off. Like it's trying to look its best. Like the TV show
art. But there's something just off. Peter doesn't look like the TV show Peter
nor does any of the other characters. Again, except for Kraven.
Upon reading this. You will feel like you're climbing a
steep roller coaster hill. And the more you progress into the five books, by
the middle of book four you want to get off the ride. You start to feel its
length towards the middle of book 4. But towards the end of book 4, it drops
you all the way down; finally. And then it picks right back up again. The plot
is similar to the ORIGNAL spider verse COMIC plot. But there are some major
departures from that plot. Such as instead of having a group called the
Inheritors hunting down different spider-men, its one Morlun doing the hunt and
it’s for one spider-man (even though this show gave us our original
spider-verse plot thus there are multiple spider-men for Morlun to hunt) they
only focused on the main peter.
One of the best things about this is that Kraven is pretty much the same. The only major change in his story is that we get to see what happened after the last time we saw him and Calypso on the show. (Spoiler alert) It’s sad that they didn’t get a 100% happily ever after. I’ll say this, for a villain Morlun is not as bland as I thought he wa; Morlun was killing people. I was in shock when he snapped the neck of Kraven’s lion: Gulyadkin. That wasn't the only life he took but I don't want to spoil anything (else).
Now let’s get into the good/what I liked about this comic. I
don’t like cursing in my posts, but this word is the only one that describes
her. This book got the bitchy-ness of Anna Watson’s personality down. And it
made me wanna choke her. She was one character I never liked on the show. I also loved how it got Peters personality
down. And I loved how they nailed MJ’s personality down. Even though they are
married… (sorta) I loved how MJ proposed to Peter in this story. That would be
more in line with her character.
All in all, I give this a 7 out of 10 dead lions.


Comments
Post a Comment