My review of Doomsday Clock (2017) From: DC Comics!
This comic was so good. It was jam packed with amazing things but as always there's much to discuss so let's get into it.The art in this was done by Gary Frank and may I just say hats off to him. His art paired with the legendary writer Geoff Johns made a for wonderful time. This was a MASTERPIECE in every sense of the word.
Geoff Johns really captured the same energy Alan Moore had when he wrote the first watchmen story. Geoff knows how to write philosophically. Having his characters ask tough/hard hitting questions.
The comic picks up from the original watchmen book ending, with Dr Manthan leaving his universe.
We see him next in the DC universe. He has been changing important superhero origins. Like moving a lamp ever so slightly reach of Alan Scott.
I also loved Dr Manhattan’s Constant need for an understanding. He's by nature a curios guy, not dumb or obtuse just curios.
Now I heard from many different people that this story was REALLY made to undo the new 52 world. And frankly who cares, this story was amazing.
I will say this story is really long and I mean LONG. I recommend buying the individual issues. I took my time reading this TPB and I still felt overwhelmed.
All in all I give this a 9 out of 10 changing Rorschach masks.


Comments
Post a Comment