My review of DC X Sonic the Hedgehog (2025) From: DC Comics!

 




This was a Charming little crossover Nothing too spectacular or Grand But It has heart. Let's get into it.
I loved the quick character introductions; it was amazing seeing the Flash and Sonic measuring speed so to speak. It was amazing to see Superman and Knuckles team up....etc.
I love that we're finally over the hero versus hero trope, it's not needed in every effing story so thank God for this book.

The plot was very simple dark side coming to Sonic World he wants the emeralds, And he's not afraid to maim or kill whoever he wants to get. The little Exposition we do get on the Justice League members’ origins is more for Sonic and crew rather than us.

love how everybody got along, even the minimal rivalry between Flash and Sonic was more competitive rather than actual hatred. They could have easily made the flash hate Sonic for being faster (Do not persecute me for that Flash fans). I also love how Batman easily understood Shadow's pain even though Shadow didn't say anything or hint at it. He really is the World's greatest detective (huh)?

Let's get into the art because oh boy there's a lot to talk about. Adam Bryce Thomas Illustrated and the world he made was really beautiful. But the people are another story: the males are drawn really feminine and wonder woman was drawn masculine. I know Wonder Woman has defined muscles. Having muscle don't make you strong (IK) but it's one of the defining characteristics of Wonder Woman. But it looked weird.

There were panels in this where I would look at Superman and would think he was a woman. I definitely think Adam Bryce Thomas was a good choice to blend the Sonic world and the DC world, but only the backgrounds not the people.

When people talk about their favorite artist’s interpretation of a character I don't think Adam's name is coming up, at least for these Justice league characters.

Anyway, I was impressed & I was blown away. I will definitely buy the TPB and the full 5 issue set.

All in all I give this a 9 out of 10 Chaos emeralds

Comments