My review of Marc Spector: Moon Knight (2026) Issues 1-5 From: Marvel comics!
Let me start this review off by saying this: this is a continuation of the 2024 Moon Knight: Fist of Khonshu series by Jed MacKay. The way I heard it marvel wanted to rebrand the Moon Knight: Fist of Khonshu series, but it is the same story and writer. I did read volume one of Moon Knight: Fist of Khonshu a LONG time ago but I-I don’t remember a freaking thing in it NGL (I’ll reread it and buy the other two volumes to be caught up). There is MUCH to discuss so let’s finally get into it.
The first mini arc (being the first three issues) within these first six issues were ok definitely a “to each his own”. I personally thought they were ok, not hurting anyone but they really didn’t add any lore to his character. The writing was definitely the low point of these issues and that's not a cheap shot at Jed MacKay. The writing isn’t the strongest point, if this was a human pyramid, like in cheerleading. It would definitely be the middle women holding the pyramid. As it's not really the strongest point being the bottom and it really isn't the top aka the takeaway.
Now the illustrations are another thing. I really loved the illustrations in this, the inside art was drawn by Devmalya Pramanik, and oh man the way he draws is so-so-so Gothic, Showy. That’s what I call visual stimulation; it's definitely eye candy but for adults. When people ask me who are your top ten comic artists? I will have to add Devmalya Pramanik to the list.
After learning what Bushman really means. I'm a little iffy about supporting him as a character. But they needed a villain back in the 80s, or whenever he was introduced. When you think like these people today, you won't get villains like M’Baku aka Gorilla Man.
Now one villain I really did love was Zodiac (not the real Zodiac killer). My only exposure to the Zodiac was in Ultimate Spider-Man the animated show. In that continuity, he was supposed to be the brother to Nick Fury. He almost collapsed s.h.i.e.l.d. in his first appearance on that show. Anyway, I really did like his Deadpool-esque jokes and mannerisms.
All in all I give this series a 4 out of 10 so far!
The first mini arc (being the first three issues) within these first six issues were ok definitely a “to each his own”. I personally thought they were ok, not hurting anyone but they really didn’t add any lore to his character. The writing was definitely the low point of these issues and that's not a cheap shot at Jed MacKay. The writing isn’t the strongest point, if this was a human pyramid, like in cheerleading. It would definitely be the middle women holding the pyramid. As it's not really the strongest point being the bottom and it really isn't the top aka the takeaway.
Now the illustrations are another thing. I really loved the illustrations in this, the inside art was drawn by Devmalya Pramanik, and oh man the way he draws is so-so-so Gothic, Showy. That’s what I call visual stimulation; it's definitely eye candy but for adults. When people ask me who are your top ten comic artists? I will have to add Devmalya Pramanik to the list.
After learning what Bushman really means. I'm a little iffy about supporting him as a character. But they needed a villain back in the 80s, or whenever he was introduced. When you think like these people today, you won't get villains like M’Baku aka Gorilla Man.
Now one villain I really did love was Zodiac (not the real Zodiac killer). My only exposure to the Zodiac was in Ultimate Spider-Man the animated show. In that continuity, he was supposed to be the brother to Nick Fury. He almost collapsed s.h.i.e.l.d. in his first appearance on that show. Anyway, I really did like his Deadpool-esque jokes and mannerisms.
All in all I give this series a 4 out of 10 so far!


Comments
Post a Comment