My review of Batman (2025) Issues 1-5 From: DC Comics!

 


Let me start off by saying this. This is MY review and my word is not law (not yet lol). This series was such a disappointment to the character of Batman, but as always there is MUCH to discuss so let’s get into IT

Matt doesn’t know how to write and when I say that I don’t just mean he sucks at writing characters. He can’t write at all first, he barely uses any punctuations, secondly he uses run-on sentences WAY too much. This was a series I heard so many great things about it, but after reading this-this abomination my excitement quickly dwindled. This is supposed to be the continuation of Chip Zdarsky’s Batman’s run, and I just don’t like it. Matt Fraction should NEVER write or at least go to school and learn to write.

Matt Fraction also created a new villain called Minotaur, and while a part of me wants to keep reading the series to see how his story plays out. Minotaur is not enough to make me continue reading this trash.

I did not like art either, the artist was Jorge JimĂ©nez. He also did some work on Chip Zdarsky’s Batman’s run, and there I loved his art. But in Matt Fraction’s run it sucks; I assume he changed his style so that people would be able to tell the two different runs apart. But he didn't have to do that, why you ask; because the names of the writers were different. He illustrates in an Anime-esque style (y’all know how I feel about anime) But I still give this a shot and I wish I didn’t.

I don't know about the other issues after issue five, but issues one through five have a standalone episode formula. (spoiler) When Tim gets shot, I didn't go (oh no) because in the comics after he gets shot there’s little to no mention of it. They also introduced their version of the New Equipment screen, it’s similar to Arkham Knights version. To be honest it was kind of annoying.

The only positive thing about this series are the colors. They are so vibrant and so well handled. A HUGE shout out to Tomeu Morey, he is the same guy who colored the Amazing Superman/ Spider-Man recent crossover, and I love the color there too.

All in all I give this a 2 out of 10 SMH

Comments